Volunteer as a Group
We welcome faith groups, school groups, companies, scout troops, and any other groups who want to donate some time and energy to HavenHouse!
Here are some things you should know about planning a group service day:
- A group leader needs to be identified and will be required to complete the screening process on behalf of the group.
- All members of the group will need to sign in and out of the facility on the day of the event.
- We try to plan all service project days at least one month in advance, so contact us as early as possible to schedule your group service day.
- Groups should be no larger than 15 people, although exceptions can be made on a case by case basis. We will need to know at least two weeks in advance the approximate number in your group.
- Anyone under 18 must be supervised by an adult. If there are a number of minors in your group we will need to discuss the number of adults per minors.
- Group service days generally cannot begin until 9:00 a.m. and must be completed by 2:00 p.m.
- Group service days play a crucial role in helping HavenHouse look cheerful and clean to those who have traveled long distances for medical care. Some jobs your group may assist with are:
- Cleaning common areas (vacuuming, dusting, mopping)
- Cleaning kitchens and family rooms in each wing
- Cleaning the playroom and craft room
- Cleaning the hospital shuttle vans
- Weeding, raking and cleaning the flower beds
It is a tremendous help any time a group can bring cleaning supplies with them on their group service day. The following items are helpful and appreciated:
- Glass Cleaner
- Disinfectant Wipes/Spray
- Paper Towels
- Furniture polish
- SOS pads/Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
- Keeping our carpets clean is a constant job. If your group is interested in renting Rug Doctors and having a group service day to clean carpets, we would be very grateful.
Fill out the Volunteer Application to the left to get started!