In 2014, HavenHouse St. Louis established a board committee on quality assurance to ensure that HavenHouse continues to provide quality programs, meeting the needs of families and strengthening partnerships between HavenHouse and the hospitals and medical centers we serve.
This committee is also responsible for measuring impact and outcomes of HavenHouse hospitality and oversees the progress of the Hospital Relations Committee. Our Hospital Relations Committee is comprised of social workers from each of the medical facilities we serve. This group has been meeting since 2005 and continues to meet quarterly to provide input and guidance to best practices and ongoing needs of our patients and their families.
What we currently know from completed family surveys is that:
- HavenHouse has enabled patients and families to travel to St. Louis for quality medical care that otherwise might not have had access to the same level of care.
- Patients and families have access to regular nutritional meals at no additional cost which reduced overall stress freeing them to focus on healing.
- Stress levels are lowered significantly because of the lodging and other services provided by the hospitality house.
We continue to evaluate our family survey results in order to ensure we are providing a comforting, caring, home away from home environment that best meets the needs of our patients and their family members and that the HavenHouse experience is a positive one.
Based on that, we will focus on the following goals:
- Our services will continue to be needed and the changing world of health care will require us to focus on continuous growth and improvement in all aspects of our operations - programming, board and staff leadership and financial sustainability. Status quo is not an option in any aspect of operations for the foreseeable future.
- We will continue to refine the ways in which we provide services, and the ways we measure impact and outcomes of HavenHouse hospitality. This will enable us to better tell our story to guests, hospital partners, volunteers, individual donors and funding organizations.
- We will continue to provide hospitality excellence.