A workplace fundraiser is an activity or ongoing initiative organized by a committee or a group of staff members to raise funds. By hosting a workplace fundraiser, you can help HavenHouse St. Louis continue to provide the comfort of home and community of support to patients and family members traveling to St. Louis for medical care. From jeans days to lunch & learns or a hockey/football pool, you can bring the people in your office together to have some fun while supporting a great cause.
Some general guidelines to follow include:
- Decide what type of event you will hold.
- Obtain approval to hold a workplace fundraiser.
- Gather a team and form a committee to plan the event.
- Set your fundraising goal and create a realistic budget.
- Set a date and time or choose a launch date if the fundraiser is ongoing.
- Promote the event to your colleagues and build up excitement.
- Secure donated gifts to use for prizes.
- Double your fundraising success! Find out if your workplace has a gift matching program.
Fun ideas might include:
- Dress Down Days (e.g. Jeans Day)
- Drawing for Prizes (for a $5 donation, donor is entered into a drawing to win prizes like casual days, prime parking spots, free lunch, sports tickets, etc.)
- Team Spirit Day (for donations employees can wear their favorite team t-shirt, jersey, hat, or sweatshirt to the office)
- Office Scavenger Hunt
- Coin War (place jars in the office for "extra change" and have departments compete to raise the most money, have prizes for the winning team)
- Organize a sports pool or a golf tournament
- Make donations in honor of your employees for the holidays in lieu of the run-of-the-mill holiday gift
- "A portion of the proceeds" from a service or item
- Create a Heart of HavenHouse Wall (sell paper hearts for $1.00 - customers sign their name on the heart and hang them on a wall in your office or store.)
- Sponsor HavenHouse Events (HopeFest, Trivia Night, GO! St. Louis/Team HavenHouse)
- Purchase a Table at a HavenHouse Special Event (HopeFest and Trivia Night)
We welcome your ideas! As long as your idea follows the above guidelines, we would love to partner with you! Be sure to schedule a tour for your company/co-workers to see our mission in action. See firsthand how fundraising makes a difference to those in need. Contact our Director of Community Development at (314) 434-5858 for more information.